Here you will find relevant practical information around IWSLT (conference venue, access, hotels, registration, visa, posters,...), which migth be of interest for our participants.... The information are updated regularly.
IWSLT 2016 will be hosted by Microsoft. It will take place in Microsoft's Learning Center @ Building 92 in Seattle - Redmond:
15010 NE 36th Street
Building 92, Room Stinger
Redmond, WA 98052.
Click here for a map with directions.
How to get there? Get dirctions here... or plan your bus trip here...
Building 92 is just above the Microsoft Visitor Center (which is a good landmark for asking directions).
Please note: There is only a liminted amount of visitor parking at Building 92 (fills up early!) Other parking is available below the Commons and elsewhere on campus in the immediate area.
Participants will need to get a visistor's badge to be able to enter the conference area. You will register at reception. We try to provide names of registered participants in advance, so guest badges can be prepared in advance.
Please note: You need to bring your ID in order to enter the building!
The social event will take place in "The Boardwalk", 15251 NE 40th St. Redmond, WA on Dec. 08. "The Boardwalk" is just walking distance from the conference venue. We are looking forward to a joint evening with good food starting with a beer tasting....
Please register for the social event when doing your registration for IWSLT.
Poster size is A0. You can bring either landscape or portrait format. This year's posters can be just hang from the walls and/or windows in the poster room (special putty will be provided, please do not use normal tape).
The following hotels are close-by to the conference venue:
- Courtyard Seattle Bellevue / Redmond: walking distance from Building 92 (conference venue), about 1K, NE 29th Pl.
- Residence Inn: walking distance from Building 92 (conference venue), about 1K, NE 29th Pl.
- Fairfield Inn: walking distance from Building 92 (conference venue), about 1K, NE 29th Pl.
- Extended Stay America: : walking distance from Building 92 (conference venue), about 1K, different area than hotels above. Across the street is MS Building 27, where participant's can ask reception for a MS shuttle to Building 92 (conference venue).
- Silver Cloud Inn: walking distance 1.5K from Building 92 (conference venue)
Visa information, invitation letter:
You might need an invitation letter in order to apply for a visa. If you do so, please contact Margit Rödder
Anything unclear? You have further questions? Please contact Margit Rödder